What Jobs Are Appropriate For a Job Safety Analysis?
A job hazard analysis can be conducted on many jobs in your workplace. Priority should go to the following types of jobs:
- Jobs which accidents have occurred. Jobs with the highest injury or illness rates.
- Jobs with the potential to cause severe or disabling injuries or illness, even if there is no history of previous accidents.
- Jobs in which one simple human error could lead to a severe accident or injury.
- Jobs that are new to your operation or have undergone changes in processes and procedures.
- Jobs complex enough to require written instructions.